Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Reduce Isolation  

admin
(@admin)

From Cllr Lynn Gibbon (Marbury Ward)

Good morning all

I trust you are all well and thank you for doing your best in these difficult times.

I requested an update on what was happening to reduce isolation and help people to still access books etc. This is my reply this morning which I thought you may want to publicise and your local groups may be able to help those not able to access these facilities. Also, it would help people who have just run out of reading material. Plus, some great children’s activities.

All Facebook posts including a couple re eBooks yesterday can be seen at www.facebook.com/cwaclibrary

Libraries Summary

The library service is available 24/7 for free audio downloads, eBooks and eMagazines.

The books will stay on your device for 3 weeks before they are automatically ‘returned’ to the library. You’ll need your card number and pin, but if you’re not already a member you can now join the library online www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/libraries

The libraries team have also compiled a list of e-resources on their webpage to help people, study and research from their own homes

www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/libraries/eresources.aspx

Libraries are also sharing short how-to videos on Facebook and taking several of their clubs online on Facebook Live @cwaclibrary.

Virtual Lego club, Saturdays 10am

Each week will be a different theme. Last Saturday was Rockets and everyone was invited to share their creations with the Libraries team via social media.

Online Rhymetime –Tuesdays 10.30am

Not only good old classic rhymes but also some basic signing to help everyone in the community join in.

Digital animation sessions Wednesdays 11.30am

Another wonderful, regular session usually delivered in libraries but now offered online as a reminder/tutorial on how to create your own animations at home.

Storytimes to be shown at 3 pm (normal end of the school day) – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Regards
Lynn Gibbon
Cllr for Marbury Ward

(Anderton & Marbury, Antrobus, Aston, Barnton, Comberbach, Dutton, Great Budworth, Little Leigh, Marston Sutton Weaver, Whitley, Wincham)

Deputy Leader and Secretary of Cheshire West & Chester Conservative Group
Shadow Cabinet Member for Housing, Regeneration & Growth
Email: [email protected]
Mobile: 07581 226814 ... See Less

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.

Existing Users Log In

New User Registration
*Required field